Since 1st July 2014, it has been a legal requirement for all fabricated structural steelwork delivered to site to be CE Marked. It is now unlawful to place structural steel products or fabricated structural steel on the market if they are not CE Marked. Placing structural steelwork on the market that is not CE marked (or incorrectly CE marked) is catered for within the regulations with fines up to €500,000 and/or imprisonment
AM Steel Engineering is fully committed to the CE requirements. All our work carries the EN 1090 EXC2 CE mark with a Declaration of Performance provided to our clients.
In order meet this criterion:
- All our structural steel welders are fully certified
- We have a Factory Production Control System in place
- At all times we have an on- site Responsible Welding Coordinator
- All our steel is traceable right back to the steel mill factories
- We are audited annually by a notified body
If you need any guidance or advice regarding CE certification someone from our team would be happy to advise you.